Friday, November 14, 2008

"If I Weren't Afraid"....

In response to a question I was asked,i.e., "If I Weren't Afraid..." what would I do, I wrote the following poem. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing and thinking about the topic.

I am a professional Network Marketer. Therefore, as part of my personal development, I must face my fears daily and overcome them to be successful. Anything worth having requires work. But working smart is the real answer and charging ahead without fear are the real keys to success.


IF I WEREN'T AFRAID


If I Weren't Afraid...
I'd write a children's book
And, have it published
So everyone could look...

Through rose colored glasses
At a world without worry.
A world slowed down
No one in a hurry.

If I Weren't Afraid...
I would own my life,
Without trivial concerns
Far from stress and strife....

I would fear nothing.
I'd kick up my heels.
I'd dance with the moon
From no one to conceal.

How happy I'd be,
As free as the wind.
New adventures pursued
The fun would never end.

If I Weren't Afraid...
I'd fly high and free,
Skipping across rainbows
New worlds would I see.

So I say to myself,
What's stopping you,
From reaching up high,
Grabbing new things to do?

Only the darkness of fear
Keeps me from obtaining my dreams.
No real obsticles in the way,
Just my own limits it seems.

So, from this moment on,
I will fear no more.
My dreams I'll pursue,
Adventures behind every door.

Come fly with me,
Grab tightly my hand.
We'll glide smoothly along,
Like the motion of hourglass and sand.

Do not fear anything,
Fate has wrtten your play.
All you must do now,
Is discover the day.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Suzan,

AWESOME poem!! I'm glad you took the challenge. I'm honored to be "flying" with you.

The Mrs. said...

Great poem!!!!