Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Journey

As I mentioned in my Bio, I have participated in Network Marketing for about 2 years, and with several different companies. I was part of Shaklee, a travel company I don't remember the name of.....whose President of the company took off with all the money and left the distributors holding the bag. Then I joined Nu Skin. That company really built its business by having the distributors "buy in" to the business and stockpile thousands of dollars worth of product to attain certain levels within the pay structure. They ended up in court in a class action suit, for which I was reimbursed for all the product I still had that I could not sell.

Needless to say, I was very, very skittish about joining another Network Marketing company. However, I believed in the process. I began to research companies and joined Herbalife. Then, I read about the pay structure, the fact that you had to buy leads at about $100 per lead. To have their website, you had to pay $59.95 per month. By the time I totalled up my per month cost, I would have to have an enormous amount of sales just to cover my monthly cost.

When I was researching other Network Marketing companies after I had joined Herbalife and spent $400.00 on my starter package, I found Mentoring for Free. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could there be an honest program that was devoted to being in service to others? Just didn't seem possible. Then I discussed with them what company they were affiliated with, they said they mentor ANY Network Marketing company and beyond. Much of what they train for, is applicable to ANY business.

I was intrigued. If I could have sponsors who were willing to give of their time and effort, for no monetary return, that was a group I wanted to be associated with. I dug deeper and finally learned that many of the people in the Mentoring For Free program were affiliated with a company named Vitamark. Vitamark is based in Houston, has been in business for 6 years and is growing by leaps and bounds. They have several "anchor" products: Limu Plus - a fantastic product that is having phenomenal results in increasing health for many different ailments, i.e., allergies, joint pain, chronic fatigue and much, much more. Then, they have just released a new energy drink that is Red Bull, without the sugar. It doesn't leave you with the jitters or a "let-down" feeling. It just gives you an awake and sense of wellbeing feeling. Additionally, it comes in easy to transport packets that you add to 12 - 16 oz. of water. It has a great lime flavor.

I could join for $29.95. I could join at the fast start level, receiving $650.00 worth of product for $495.00. That's how I joined. Additionally, you are given 7 websites FOR FREE. Then, on top of that, Vitamark has the best pay plan I had ever seen.

I am 6 weeks into working for the company and am still very much in training. I listen to about 12 training conference calls per week. I only need to purchase 100 bonus points of product every 12 weeks to stay as an Affiliate. I have access to my sponsor and HIS sponsor as often as I need to. I am handing out samples of the energy drink "Crave".

The Mentoring for Free program is set-up such that you will have prospects coming to YOU instead of you having to go out and talk to your family, friends, or co-workers. Your prospecting campaign is targeted towards people who are already familiar with, and interested in Network Marketing. THEY end up coming to YOU instead of you having to go to them. All this AND the Mentoring for Free program is helping anyone needing mentoring. It meshed with my intrinsic need to help others.

So, from this point on with my blog, I will continue to fill you in on my progress. Additionally, I want to add a little fun to my site by having a fun Quiz each time I post. The quiz for this posting is at: http://quibblo.com/quiz/6qPyvz/Personality-Type-Quiz What is YOUR personality type? Enjoy!!

Mentoring for Free: http://suzansvatek.successin10steps.com

1 comment:

Gregory McGuire said...

Hi Suzan. I like your blog. How do you do most of your marketing?